Our vision is to be the premier online gathering place for the Canadian Evangelical Christian community – in all its diversity.
Our mission is to be an outstanding online source of inspiration, encouragement and clear, timely, relevant, accurate information to Canada’s Evangelical Christian community.
Our Core Values:
1. We are Christian. Our love for God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and for our neighbor will motivate all our business activities.
2. We are committed to building the Church. We are called to encourage, inspire and inform Canadian Christians – individually and corporately – and to build bridges of understanding.
3. We are truthful. We strive for honesty, transparency, accuracy and integrity in all we do and in all we communicate.
4. We are hopeful. We believe God redeems and is always present.
5. We are partners. We believe that interdependence among believers unites the Church and builds God’s Kingdom. We will seek cooperation, collaboration and networking with churches, individuals and organizations with similar objectives in support of our work and mission.
6. We are innovative. We believe God is a God of creativity, and that people are made in God’s image, and are called to be creative too. We will be open to new ideas and technologies that support our core values and further our mission.
Maranatha News is a daily online source of information, inspiration, and encouragement for the Canadian Evangelical Christian community. We aim to stir believers to a deeper, more purposeful relationship with Christ and with one another, by providing timely interviews and personal accounts of what God is doing in and through the Church in Canada and around the world.
Maranatha News publishes news, ministry updates, book, music and movie reviews along with information about events, classified ads, contests and more. We provide a forum for a wide variety of thoughtful bloggers to communicate on topics that matter to the spiritual growth of our readers.
Maranatha News began as an eight-page print publication with its first issue rolling off the presses June 1, 1996.
Conceived in the hearts and minds of business partners Johanne Robertson and Monica Leis, the two women felt called by God to develop a paper that would connect individual believers and churches across geographic, racial, cultural and denominational boundaries. With a background in Christian video production in Canada’s most populous and multicultural city, Robertson and Leis were well positioned to recognize the need for a publication that would build such bridges.
Launched with a circulation of 5,000 copies, which were distributed to Toronto area readers through 60 drop-points scattered throughout the city, the print version of Maranatha News would serve Canada’s Christian community for 16 years. Within the final years of publishing, Maranatha News had grown to 25,000 copies in circulation, with 600 churches across the country counting on the paper as an important source for information and inspiration. The Maranatha News online site, increased by 4 x the amount in monthly visits.
In order to continue their growth trajectory – and serve an even broader geographic constituency – Maranatha News transitioned to become an online-only publication in April 2012. By providing a popular platform for Canadian Christian writers and delivering clear, timely, relevant and accurate information to Canada’s Evangelical Christian community, Maranatha News looks forward to connecting, inspiring, encouraging and informing Canadian believers for years to come.